Monday, August 17, 2009

Day One

Wow, that just happened. Day one is done. It started at 8:30a with coffee and muffins. At 9a we gathered in a lecture hall and were officially greeted to Harvard Medical School. We began our introduction to the profession!

Walking into the lecture hall I was really taken aback. There were a lot of people in there! I was thinking: "there are a lot of future physicians in here". How many Nobel laureates, CEOs, and politicians will come out of this class?

Taking my seat, I sat with students I met at the revisit targeted to the underrepresented minorities. I usually don't like to cluster by shade. This morning I felt that I needed to get a feel for home base. I love to explore but I need to know where home is so I can "get back at the end of the day". After each break we sat with a different configuration of students. I think it is important to mix it up.

At the end of the day I was pretty exhausted. I think there was a lot of energy sent out into that lecture hall. Whichever organ that senses that energy was overstimulated. Listening, speaking, watching, thinking and feeling all require energy.

I am definitely going to get some rest tonight and prepare for the white coat ceremony. Gotta be so fresh, so clean for tomorrow!

Listening to Wale "Um rika feat K'naan"

1 comment:

  1. Hi Julian,
    Busy huh? no more post?

    Well, take care.

    Gail

    ReplyDelete