Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Busy? Yeah.

Recently moved out of the dorms. Thank God! My physical, mental and spirital health where slowly degrading in that situation. I think it had a lot to do with me not being able to separate school/work and home.

Now I'm living in a part of town called Jamaica Plain. It is kind of a blend of Berkeley, N. Oakland and Brooklyn. I think I'll stay here for a while. I forgot how much I enjoy waking up and walking out on the porch to drink my coffee.

Other amenities that I find vital are:
- close access to transit (we have a major bus route just out side the door and quick acesss to two subways)
- good groceries stores (Freddies Bodega!, Harvest market, and like three others within walking distance)
- small businesses (crucial)
- diversity!!! (JP has a large LGBT population, small families, next door to a large dominican community)

I can deal with the chaos of med school and the inner turmult of figuring out what I want and where I am going AS LONG AS I have a healthy home to come to at the day's end.

I am greatful.

No comments:

Post a Comment