Sunday, April 25, 2010

Busting through the brick wall?

This morning I was in the mood for productivity.  It is a rare feeling believe me.  School work was done but the gears in my head where spinning like mad on other things.

I was feeling vegetarian-ish today so decided to design the Sunday menu this week accordingly.  I headed to Hi-Lo Market for some cheap groceries, then to Harvest for the specialty things.

Quinoa, corn and black bean


Roasted Carrots and Parsnips with Honey glaze + Edamame Salad


After grocery shopping I stopped in at Fiore's Italian Bakery where I bumped in to a doctor who led one of my tutorials in the Fall.  I ordered a light roast coffee and a vegan coffee cake.  As I sipped the hot drink I was overcome with nostalgia.  Images of Ethiopia and awkwardly translated pleasantries preceded a warm feeling of fond memories of warm mornings on an Oakland balcony.  Sadness came after that.  That is all done now.  Regrettably, I've placed hundred and thousands of miles between me and who and what I love.  I felt the urge to write.  I wrote a letter that would never get sent, I wanted catharsis.  It is only temporarily granted. 

For three years this song played in crystal clear, high fidelity:



I inverted the coffee cup, swallowing the last of the memories.  Thanking the woman behind the counter, I walked out the door into the humid Sunday afternoon air.  More after the jump


Sometimes I need music to say the words I don't have the energy or courage to say.  I like to put on my iPod and turn on a soundtrack to my life.  Unfortunately if you do that too often you lose the ability to put words to your emotions.  I decided to walk around JP without a soundtrack.  I was deafened by the noise in my head so I focused on the sights and sounds in the neighborhood.



This dress was made entirely out of band-aids.  The one to the left, cotton cosmetic pads.  Pretty rad huh?













 Maybe it's the Victory Storm King Stout...maybe it's introspection but dang I miss the good times.
Who's Gonna Save My Soul Now?

No comments:

Post a Comment